Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)We have in-depth experience in working on a comprehensive range of FDI matters in China, including the establishment, management and liquidation of joint ventures, wholly- foreign-owned enterprises, holding companies and representative offices. We are highly regarded for our FDI expertise and creativity in structuring investment projects. We assist our clients during each individual stage of their projects as well as throughout the entire investment process.
▪ Initial investment planning and due diligence
▪ Application documents and feasibility study reports
▪ Company formation documents and related negotiations, including joint venture contracts, articles of association and technology license agreements
▪ Government approval and registration for company formation and related procedures
▪ Design of corporate governance
▪ Ongoing legal and compliance advice to foreign invested enterprises
▪ Restructuring, dissolution and liquidation of foreign invested enterprises
▪ Exit strategies
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
M&A, as another important investment form, often raise time-sensitive and complex issues such as tax, employment, IP, antitrust and regulatory. In our M&A practice, we adopt a resolution-oriented approach, guiding clients through the legal and regulatory complexity of China’s fast-developing market.
▪ Design optimal transaction structures
▪ Conduct due diligence investigations
▪ Draft and negotiate equity and asset acquisition agreements, merger agreements, and related agreements
▪ Assist in governmental filings, approvals and registrations